Our Approach to Building Outcomes Focused Government
Third Sector’s Outcomes-Focused Technical Assistance (OFTA) model provides communities with a collaborative and flexible approach that is built on community goals and needs. Through the OFTA approach, Third Sector can guide communities in making funding decisions rooted in community need, driven by data, intentional on advancing racial equity, and aligned with broader systems goals.
The components of the OFTA approach include:
- SET GOALS: Build consensus among key stakeholders on the most important outcomes to be improved for a given population with explicitly focus on equity for underserved communities.
- USE DATA: Analyze existing quantitative data from administrative sources and qualitative data from stakeholders in order to understand current outcomes, uncover inequities, and establish key outcome metrics
- PARTNER: Develop and implement strategies to overcome barriers caused by program silos through partnerships and collaboration around funding, enrollment, service delivery and data
- INCENTIVIZE: Create meaningful incentives for the achievement of both near- and longer-term outcome goals, including the use of outcomes-based funding
- IMPLEMENT: Identify and implement a set of evidence-informed, cross-cutting practices that have the greatest potential to drive better outcomes and address inequities
- ASSESS: Develop and implement an assessment strategy to determine the impact of system change against the stated goals and metrics of success
- LEARN: Create a robust continuous improvement process to regularly review data and adapt as needed to keep improving resultsSYSTEMATIZE: Devise strategies to sustain and scale revised management policies, practices and behaviors once feasibility and impact is established