U.S. General Services Administration
Third Sector is the only outcomes contracting and Pay for Success advisory firm that is an approved vendor by the U.S. General Services Administration (GSA). Third Sector is listed on the Professional Services Schedule (PSS) which allows direct contracting with all U.S. Government Departments and Agencies.
Contact: Tim Pennell, Director
Social Impact Partnerships to Pay for Results Act (SIPPRA)
In 2018, the US Congress authorized $100 million of federal funds to support exceptional social service programs by signing the Social Impact Partnerships to Pay for Results Act (SIPPRA). The U.S. Department of Treasury will issue a Notice of Funding Availability for local and state governments to pay for proven programs if predetermined outcomes have been met and validated by an independent evaluator.
Third Sector looks forward to supporting local and state governments to plan, review, and/or submit proposals. Learn more.
Contact: Oscar Benitez, Senior Manager
Our Federal Work
Third Sector has a track record of securing federal funding awards for communities committed to implementing Pay for Success and outcomes contracts.
- Department of Education: Third Sector completed feasibility studies in Cuyahoga County, OH; Mecklenburg County, NC; and Santa Clara County, CA funded through the Office of Early Learning’s Preschool Pay for Success Feasibility Pilots.
- Department of Health and Human Services: Third Sector supported a report prepared for the Office of Assistant Secretary of Planning and Evaluation (ASPE) on “Opportunities for Pay for Success Demonstrations in HHS Programs”.
- Department of Housing and Urban Development / Department of Justice: Third Sector has worked on two of the HUD-DOL Pay for Success Permanent Supportive Housing Demonstrations: Lane County, Oregon and the National Capital Region.
- Department of Labor: Third Sector, in partnership with Roca, Inc. and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, received a $11.7 million grant as part of the Massachusetts Juvenile Justice Pay for Success Initiative.
- Social Innovation Fund (Corporation for National and Community Service): Third Sector received over $9.2 million across three federal grant awards to advance Pay for Success and outcomes contracting initiatives in California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Iowa, Massachusetts, Nevada, North Carolina, Oregon, Texas, Utah, Virginia, & Washington. This work also spurred the launch of the first “Pay for Performance” contracts in the U.S. as part of the Department of Labor’s Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA).
- USAID: Third Sector is supporting Dalberg Advisors in exploring the feasibility and mechanism design for an innovative financing project to eliminate the transmission of cholera in Haiti.