What does ARPA Fund?
ARPA funding offers the opportunity to address several issues, including:
- Child Care: Nearly $15 billion in flexible Child Care and Development Block Grant (CCDBG) funding and a childcare stabilization grant fund of nearly $24 billion.
- Mental Health: $1.5 billion in flexible Community Mental Health Services Block Grant funding and $1.5 billion in Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment Block Grant Program
- Homelessness: $5 billion through the Homeless Assistance and Supportive Services Program
- State and Local Recovery: $350 billion to help states, counties, cities and tribes cover increased expenditures, replenish revenue, and mitigate economic harm from COVID-19
How Can Third Sector Support?
Third Sector will help leaders answer key questions including:
- How can we deploy ARPA funds with an intentional focus on racial equity and outcomes? How should we structure our funding disbursements to address these factors? What systems-level analysis should we be considering as we make decisions
- How can we align ARPA funds with broader goals and existing initiatives? How can these onetime funds pilot or test reforms or other innovative approaches we have been considering?
- How can we engage with the community during the design and development of our ARPA funding approach? What methods should we use to engage with the community?
- How can we use data to inform our decision making? How will we learn and improve as funding is deployed?